GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
• 1kg/2¼lb beetroot
• 450g/1lb carrots
• 8 shallots
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
• 1 stick of celery, chopped roughly
• 1 bay leaf
• enough stock to cover the vegetables with about half a pint left over
• freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and roughly chop the vegetables. Place in a large pan with the bay leaf .
2. Cover with the stock. Bring to a rapid boil. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Remove the bay leaf and liquidise the soup until smooth, adjust the seasoning.
4. Reheat gently, do not allow to boil, serve with the soured cream. (optional)