Healthy Halloween Spooky Treats
Ingredients – punnet of strawberries, medium size bar of white chocolate, tiny chocolate drops, milk chocolate for mouth dressing
- wash the strawberries leaving the stalks on
- place the strawberries into a colander
- pour hot kettle water into a bowl and place a small bowl into the bowl
- break up the white chocolate, add to the bowl and stir until melted
- dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate
- place the strawberries onto a plate and leave until the chocolate hardens
- decorate using chocolate drops for eyes and piped chocolate for mouth decoration
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Ingredients – 1 x onion, 1 garlic glove, 1 tsp ginger, 1 red chilli, 4 tbsp oil, 1 medium sized butternut squash, pinch of sugar, 2 x cups of vegetable broth, ½ cup orange juice, 1 cup single cream, milled pepper, 1 tsp curry powder, ground nutmeg, thyme to garnish.
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic, wash the chilli, remove seeds and chop finely. Peel and deseed and dice the butternut squash.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the butternut squash, onion, ginger and chilli. Stir until lightly caramelised. Add the vegetable stock, cover and cook gently for about 35 minutes, until soft.
- Puree the soup using a handheld blender. Add the orange juice and single cream and bring to the boil. Season with pepper and curry powder, add nutmeg to taste.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme and a touch of single cream. Enjoy.